Quotes By Swami Vivekananda: Vivekananda, original name Narendranath Datta, Datta also spelled Dutt, (born January 12, 1863, Calcutta [now Kolkata]—died July 4, 1902, near Calcutta), Hindu spiritual leader and reformer in India who attempted to combine Indian spirituality with Western material progress, maintaining that the two supplemented and complemented one another. His Absolute was a person’s own higher self; to labor for the benefit of humanity was the noblest endeavor.
Inspirational Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
- Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise, you may miss meeting an intelligent person in this world.”
- “The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.”
- . “All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who we have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.” Swami Vivekananda
- “Learn everything that is good from others but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.” Swami Vivekananda
- “Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all, love.” Swami Vivekananda
- “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.” Swami Vivekananda
- * You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
- Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
- Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now.
- Perseverance is the key to success
- Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place the…
- . The Vedanta recognizes no sin, it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, you are a sinner, a miserable creature, who has no power and who can do nothing.
- Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the truth.
- Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
- In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are traveling on a wrong path
- The Heart and core of everything here is good, that whatever may be the surface waves, deep down and underlying everything, there is an infinite basis of Goodness and Love
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”
- “Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.”
- “The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.”
Best Motivational Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.”
- Though the love of a mother is in some ways greater, yet the whole world takes the love of man and woman as the type (of the soul’s relation to God). No other has such tremendous idealizing power. The beloved actually becomes what he is imagined to be. This love transforms its object.
- We get caught. How? Not by what we give but by what we expect. We get misery in return for our love: not from the fact that we love but from the fact that we want love in return. There is no misery where there is no want. Desire, want, is the father of all misery. Desires are bound by the laws of success and failure. Desires must bring misery.
- This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive
Quotes on Education by Swami Vivekananda
- Education, education, education alone! Traveling through many cities of Europe and observing in them the comforts and education of even the poor people, there was brought to my mind the state of our own poor people, and I used to shed tears. What made the difference? Education was the answer I got. Through education comes faith in one’s self, and through faith in one’s Self the inherent Brahman is waking up in them
- Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man
- The first duty is to educate the people
- education is not filling the mind with lots of facts. Perfecting the instrument and getting complete mastery of my own mind is the ideal education
- The ideal of all education, all training, should be this man-making. But, instead of that, we are always trying to polish up the outside. What use in polishing up the outside when there is no inside? The end and aim of all training are to make the man grow. The man who influences, who throws his magic, as it were, upon his fellow-beings, is a dynamo of power, and when that man is ready, he can do anything and everything he likes; that personality put upon anything will make it work
- education that you are getting now has some good points, but it has a tremendous disadvantage but which is so great that the good things are all weighed down.
- We want that education by which character is formed, the strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet.
- I look upon religion as the innermost core of religion.
Quotes of Swami Vivekananda About Education
- “All differences in this world are of degree and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything”.
- The education which does not help the common mass of people to equip themselves for the struggle for life, which does not bring out the strength of character, a spirit of philanthropy, and the courage of a lion— is it worth the name? Real education is that which enables one to stand on one’s own legs.
- You see, no one can teach anybody. The teacher spoils everything by thinking that he is teaching. Thus Vedanta says that within man is all knowledge—even in a boy it is so—and it requires only an awakening, and that much is the work of a teacher. We have to do only so much for the boys that they may learn to apply their own intellect to the proper use of their hands, legs, ears, eyes, etc., and finally, everything will become easy.
- Education has yet to be in the world, and civilization — civilization has begun nowhere yet.
- After so much austerity I have known that the highest truth is this: He is present in every being! These are all in manifold forms of him, Swami Vivekananda had said.
- So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every person a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!
Swami Vivekananda Quotes On Education
- The very reason for nature’s existence is for the education of the soul.
- no one was ever really taught by another; each of us has to teach himself. the external teacher offers only the suggestion which rouses the internal teacher to work to understand things.
- Educate and raise the masses, and thus alone a nation is possible
- He alone teaches who has something to give, for teaching is not talking, teaching is not imparting doctrines, it is communicating.
- If education is identical with information, the libraries are the greatest sages in the world, and encyclopedias are the Rishis.
- The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.
- Education is not filling the mind with a lot of facts. Perfecting the instrument and getting complete mastery of my mind is the ideal education
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on students
- Guru-Bhakti is the foundation of all spiritual development.
- Arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached.”
- Strength is life, Weakness is Death.
- Be a hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear’.
- A brave, frank, clean-hearted, courageous, and aspiring youth is the only foundation on which the future nation can be built.
- All power is within you: You can do anything and everything.
- Find the teacher, serve him as a child, open your heart to his influence, see in him God manifested.
- My boy, when death is inevitable, is it not better to die like heroes than as stocks and stones? And what is the use of living a day or two more in this transitory world? It is better to wear out than to rust out — especially for the sake of doing the least good to others
Quotes for Students By Swami Vivekananda
- Whatever you believe, that you will be, If you believe yourselves to be ages, ages you will be tomorrow. There is nothing to obstruct you
- Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
- Throw away all weakness. tell your body that it is strong. Tell your mind that it is strong and have unbound faith and hope in yourself
- Why should a Man be Moral? Because this strengthens his will.
- If the student thinks he is the Spirit, he will be a better Student. If the lawyer thinks he is the Spirit, he will be a better Lawyer, and so on.
- “Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide
- “That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.”
- you will be nearer to heaven through football than through the study of Gita
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
- “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on youth
- Youth is the future.
- Youth is the best time. The way in which you utilize this period will decide the nature of the coming years that lie ahead of you.
- Youth means to place your firm confidence in yourself and exercise your hopeful determination and resolution and willing good intentions in this beautiful task of self-culture.
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
- The supreme value of the youth period is incalculable and indescribable. Youth life is the most precious life. Youth is the best time. The way in which you utilize this period will decide the nature of the coming years that lie ahead of you
- Youth offers the promise of happiness, but life offers the realities of grief.
- “Youth means to place your firm confidence in yourself & exercise your hopeful determination and resolution and willing good intentions in this beautiful task of self-culture. This will truly bring supreme satisfaction and fulfillment not only to you but also to all concerned.”
Quotes for Youth By Swami Vivekananda
- “This is the time to decide your future – while you possess the energy of youth, not when you are worn out and jaded, but in the freshness and vigor of youth. Work – this is the time; for the freshest, the untouched, and un-smelled flowers alone are to be laid at the feet of the Lord”
- Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- this is the time to decide your future – while you possess the energy of youth, not when you are worn out and jaded, but in the freshness and vigor of death.
- my hope of the future lies in the youth of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the servicing of others, and obedient – good to themselves and the country at large.
- the supreme value of the youth period is incalculable and indescribable. youth life is the most precious life.
Read More At – Swami Vivekananda